One week ago, we kicked off Interweave Yarn Fest 2017. We knew going in that it would be a great weekend of learning, shopping, sharing ideas and trying new things–and we were right! But Interweave Yarn Fest 2017 exceeded all of our expectations and had such an amazing impact on all who attended. We made lots of new friends, experienced new things (like crochet!), bought some beautiful specialty fiber to add to our yarn stack, and we felt inspired by each and every one of you.
We are dedicating this post to the amazing attendees, instructors, exhibitors and sponsors who joined us in Loveland, CO last week and to our friends cheering us on from home. Each of you played a part in our successful fiber arts experience. Now, let’s talk about some of our favorite moments at Interweave Yarn Fest 2017!
- The Saturday Fashion Show. We had very high hopes for this event, and we’re happy to report that it was even more inspirational and fun than we ever could have imagined! Watching you sport the pieces you worked so hard to make was incredible. Not to mention, the relaxed atmosphere and great energy from Anne and Lisa took away the intimidation of a traditional fashion show. Congratulations to everyone who entered a piece and to those who won some amazing door prizes!
- The Fiber Spotlight Pavilion. One of our favorite parts of the event was having the opportunity to learn in and out of the classroom. From the workshops, to the exhibitor tips and everything in between, we filled our notebooks with tons of yarn hacks, techniques and tips we wouldn’t have learned anywhere else. We loved hearing from all of our FSP presenters, including Longmont Yarn Shoppe and Eugene Textile, to name a few.
- Beginner Workshops. These mini intensives were so in demand, a few of them sold out completely! Some of our beginner workshop attendees had existing fiber art knowledge and wanted to tackle a new technique, while some were new to the craft. It was so cool to see everyone immersed in their new technique! Did you take a beginner workshop? If you did, keep us updated on your journey and let us know how you continue on with your new skills. You might even be featured on a future blog post! Send an email with pictures of your projects and what you learned about to YarnFest@fwmedia.com.
- The Marketplace. The Marketplace was basically a full-fledged shopping mall for fiber artists. You could find just about any yarn you have ever dreamed of! Not to mention, there were booths filled with tools, learning materials, handmade goods and decor. It was kind of like shopping all of the beautiful fiber goods you see on Pinterest!
- Friday Night Movie. This activity was so much fun! Gathering with a few of our fiber friends and enjoying some snacks during the movie made this feel like a grownup version of a slumber party. How many of you will be watching Eddie the Eagle again with your friends and family? We definitely will!
In addition to what we listed above, we had a great time meeting lots of new people and sharing inspirations with our new friends. Attending Interweave Yarn Fest is the best way to rejuvenate your passion for creating fiber art, and we certainly have felt a burst of new energy since we have been home.
Once again, a huge thanks to all of you for making Interweave Yarn Fest 2017 a fun and exciting experience! We loved meeting you and getting to know you, and we hope you left with new skills, great memories and a big tote bag full of goods!
We told you about our favorite IYF17 moments. Now, tell us about yours! Leave us a comment below or share your favorite memories on our social pages!
IYF17 may be over, but the blog is still going strong! Keep visiting us each Thursday for a new post!